AZTECS, ARCHITECTURE... MEZCAL AND INSECT SNACKS
Discover the ancient Aztec city and enjoy it´s architecture, history, art and religion.
We will visit the murals of Diego Rivera to see the main prehispanic cultures and a small part of the Templo Mayor Museum.
We finish with a delicious mezcal cocktail and Mexican insects snacks in the terrace of "La Casa de las Sirenas".
- Start with a coffee, at the roof top of El Mayor restaurant, while your art historian guide introduces you into the Aztecs culture, architecture, art and religion, with the view of the Templo Mayor pyramid.
- Visit a small part of the Templo Mayor Museum and appreciate about its architecture and culture, while you look at the pyramid.
- Visit a pyramid recently discovered, underneath the Centro Cultural España.
- Stop to enjoy the view of a great roof top while you try a great mezcal cocktail and delicious Mexican insect snacks (or other options) and guacamole with chicharron and fresh cheese at La Casa de las Sirenas restaurant.
- Visit the National Palace with Diego Rivera´s murals, to learn about the main prehispanic cultures and the Muralist period.
- Natalia Cabarga, an art historian and your guide, will accompany you the whole tour and will explain aspects of the history, the art, culture, gastronomy, etc., of the place.
- Art Historian
- Coffee and drinks at the terrace of El Mayor restaurant
- Entrance tickets to museums
- Mezcal cocktail and insect snacks (you can choose without insects) at La casa de las Sirenas restaurant
- Delicious hot chocolate from Oaxaca or very refreshing traditional Horchata water.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- The cost is in US Dollars
- The cost is per person.
- Children under eleven pay $15 USD for drinks and snacks along the tour.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Hat or Umbrella