PALACES, COUNTS AND VICEROYAL GOSSIP
Visit the most beautiful colonial palaces and learn all about the usage of its spaces, furniture and the way people in those times used to live, where they went and how the city used to look and function with its plazas, markets, canals and fountains. Also, why not, some gossip from those times. We will finish with a lunch in Zéfiro restaurant.
Book now and enjoy this beautiful walk through viceroyal times!
- Start with a coffee, at the beautiful "House of Tiles" (Sanborns original restaurant) while your art historian guide introduces you into the viceroyal time and the story of this amazing palace.
- Walk through the main viceroyal street and learn about how it used to be on those times.
- Visit the magnificent palace of the prince of Moncada, now a museum. Hear all about its gosspis and stories about its time as a palace.
- See from the street the hudge house of Don José de la Borda
- Visit the former palace of the counts of Miravalle and learn about its history.
- In the palace of Miravalle you can shop around and appreciate the Mexican contemporary designs that this place offers now a days.
- Make a stop to refresh with a delicious and traditional horchata water or a hot or cold oaxacan chocolate at Qué Bo restaurant.
- Visit the last palace of the tour, a small but very delicate and beautiful one, owned by the count of San Bartolomé de Xala
- Finish this great trip through the best of Mexico´s history and Downtown highlights with a three course meal and a cup of wine, tequila or mezcal at the very special Zéfiro restaurant, a place located in what it used to be the room inside a convent of a very wealthy countess that became a nun in the XVIIIth century.
- *Natalia Cabarga, an art historian and your guide, will accompany you the whole tour and will explain aspects of the history, the art, culture, gastronomy, etc., of the place.
- Art Historian
- Coffee or drinks at Sanborns House of Tiles.
- Delicious hot chocolate from Oaxaca or very refreshing traditional Horchata water at QueBó restaurant
- A three meal course lunch at Zéfiro restaurant
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- MEETING POINT: Sanborns Casa de los Azulejos
- SCHEDULE: 11:00 - 14:00
- The cost is in US Dollars but you can pay in Mexican pesos
- The cost is per person.
- Children under eleven pay $15 USD for drinks and snacks along the tour
- Childrens payment does not include lunch.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Hat or Umbrella