THE BEST OF MEXICO´S CITY DOWNTOWN WALKING TOUR
Visit the best of Prehispanic (Aztec), Viceroyal, XIXth Century and Muralist period. Also enjoy stops with snacks and drinks related to each period. Finish having a delicious lunch at Zefiro, with 3 main curses and fresh water.
- Start with a coffee, at the roof top of El Mayor restaurant, while your art historian guide introduces you into the Aztecs culture, architecture, art and religion, with the view of the Templo Mayor pyramid.
- Visit a small part of the Templo Mayor Museum and appreciate about its architecture and culture, while you look at the pyramid.
- Visit a pyramid recently discovered, underneath the Centro Cultural España.
- Stop to enjoy the view of a great roof top while you try great mezcal cocktail and mexican insect snacks (or other options) at La Casa de las Sirenas restaurant.
- Visit the National Palace with Diego Rivera´s murals, to learn about the main prehispanic cultures and the Muralist period.
- Visit the most impressive viceroyal art at the Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Travel in time to the XIXth century at the lobby of the Grand Hotel.
- Make a stop to refresh with a delicious and traditional horchata water or a hot or cold oaxacan chocolate at Qué Bo restaurant.
- Shop around clothes and handcrafts and appreciate the Mexican contemporary designs.
- Finish this great trip through the best of Mexico´s history and Downtown highlights with a three course meal and a cup of wine, tequila or mezcal at the very special Zéfiro restaurant.
- Natalia Cabarga, an art historian and your guide, will accompany you the whole tour and will explain aspects of the history, the art, culture, gastronomy, etc., of the place.
- Art Historian
- 4-5 hours walking tour
- Entrance tickets to museums
- Coffee and beverages at the beginning at el Mayor restaurant
- Mezcal cocktail at La Casa de las Sirenas restaurant
- Mexican snacks (insects or other options) at la Casa de las Sirenas
- Delicious hot chocolate from Oaxaca or very refreshing traditional Horchata water.
- Three main curses lunch at Zefiro restaurant
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Duration: 4-5 Hours
- The cost is in US Dollars
- The cost is per person.
- Children under twelve pay $15 USD (does not include lunch)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Hat or Umbrella