THE BEST OF THE SOUTH, OF MEXICO CITY
Visit the most important places from Coyoacán and Altavista, in the South of the City.
Enjoy the most beautiful art of viceroyal period in the convent of El Carmen. Visit the great home, as a married couple, of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo and take a drink in the wonderful hacienda of San Angel Inn.
At Coyoacán visit Frida Kahlo´s Museum and the main market where you can have some snacks and buy Mexican handcrafts.
Finish eating a delicious lunch in a restaurant of food from Oaxaca at "Los Danzantes" or "Corazón de Maguey".
- Start at the San Jacinto church and exconvent, at the neighbourhood of San Angel.
- Walk through the main plaza and enjoy the view while you shop around at great handcrafts stores and snack some of the traditional Mexican candies.
- Visit the Exconvent el Carmen Museum to appreciate the best of viceroyal art, architecture and the origins of the south of the city.
- We will take a 10 minutes Uber.
- Visit the great and very modern House-Studio of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo Museum.
- Crossing the street we will stop for some drinks and snacks at the beautiful patio´s of the ex Hacienda San Angel Inn.
- We will take a 15 minutes Uber to Coyoacán.
- Visit the "Blue house" where Frida Kahlo was born, grew up and died.
- Walking around visit the main Coyoacán Market, where you can snack and shop.
- Walk a few blocks and arrive to the main Coyoacán plaza and visit the church, Kiosko and the market of handcrafts.
- All ready hungry? Let´s have lunch in a great option for traditional food from Oaxaca: "Corazon de Maguey". Enjoy a delicious two course lunch, a drink (fresh water, beer, cup of wine or mezcal), and coffee and dessert.
- Free time around the main plaza.
- Natalia Cabarga, an art historian and your guide, will accompany you the whole tour and will explain aspects of the history, the art, culture, gastronomy, etc., of the place.
- Art Historian
- 5-7 hours walking tour
- Ticket entrances to museums and photo permissions
- Drink and snacks at the beautiful Hacienda San Angel Inn
- Snack and try different Mexican traditional sweets at Coyoacán market
- Lunch at Corazon de Maguey or Los Danzantes restaurant (Two main courses and a drink)
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Duration: 5-7 Hours
- The cost is in US Dollars
- The cost is per person.
- Children under twelve pay $15 USD (lunch not included)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Hat or Umbrella